Please do not sit for prolonged hours either at your desk or in front of the television! Not even in the car or public transport. According to health experts, sitting too much increases the risk of metabolic syndrome and obesity. It also increases the risk of death by cardiovascular disease.
Adopt the following practices to avoid sitting for long:
· Walk while talking on the phone
· Get up every 30 minutes when sitting
· Swap viewing time in front of a multimedia screen/TV for an activity that involves moving
· Walk to your colleague’s desk rather than e-mailing
· Get a standing desk if possible